angichan, July 19th, 2013, 12:13 am
RETURNING TO ONCE A WEEK UPDATES ON MONDAYS - And this should be the standard from now on ><;
I'm entering crunch time for my move to Toronto (end of August), and there are items to sort and pack, and ends to tie and prep.
I want to dedicate extra devcake time to trying to get Book 3 up and available in print form, and to also get Chapter 20 written so I won't have to worry about that during the impending adjustment period in the months to follow my move.
After that, I will have a schoolwork added to my job workload. So devcake will have to do the weekly thing.
Thank you for reading, and your patience. Devil's Cake has been a steady arm to lean on these years since 2008, and I look forward to having it with me through my lessons and job work in a new city.
Next page is Monday!
Thea (Guest), July 19th, 2013, 6:28 am
- Wow, that's a lot of work and upheaval. We wish you the best.
How was your vacation? ^_^
kuroi_hitsuji, July 19th, 2013, 7:04 am
I guess that's a yes - wow Devil's cake was one of my first faves in SJ...quite amazing how time flies...
CrystalClover (Guest), July 19th, 2013, 10:09 am
- Angi, I've been reading your comic since the beginning and I'm so proud of your growth! Take your time! I've seen far too many comics take a beating because the artist loses heart and forces things out. Good luck with your move!!
angichan, July 19th, 2013, 4:33 pm
- @Thea: Than you, love<3
The vacation was great! I went to Virginia and saw many old things<3333
angichan, July 19th, 2013, 4:34 pm
- @kuroi_hitsuji: I feel old -_-;
angichan, July 19th, 2013, 4:35 pm
- @CrystalClover: Aw thank you so much<33333333
Good thing I'm a comic addict XP I hope the new things I learn at school will only benefit Devil's Cake!
azigay, July 20th, 2013, 3:17 am
- *strained whisper*: Zoshi, you are allowed to think that proudly but you must NEVER ever say it.
She is going to be so late for her first day of work.
azigay, July 20th, 2013, 3:21 am
- After going back a page and reviewing, HOW does Zoshi manage to go from sad, cute, scolded puppy to so cocky.
I mean he is unpredictable but just what on earth was going through his brain to shift those gears!?
angichan, July 20th, 2013, 9:55 am
- @Chokolatte: thank you! and man, these too are such a mess...(but that is the point of the story, after all ;)
angichan, July 20th, 2013, 9:56 am
- @azigay: For Realz, on BOTH accounts X(
angichan, July 20th, 2013, 9:57 am
- @azigay: well I know what he was doing... but yeah... Not sure if this situation really had a right or wrong reaction, so he went all in ><;
Riv (Guest), July 20th, 2013, 12:19 pm
really - Kea
I think that was uncalled for
I want to hug Zoshi. </3
Samiya (Guest), July 20th, 2013, 11:56 pm
- I think I may be the only person that doesn't like Kea. Yes, Zoshi chased away earlier suitors, but honestly, if they were that easy to chase away, they weren't worthy. Yes, he's been stalking her creepily for a while. But that doesn't really give her the right to treat him like a dog and slap him for saying something NICE.
I mean absolutely no offense to you, Angi. I'm prone to disliking female characters in all mediums, for a wide variety of reasons.
angichan, July 21st, 2013, 12:18 am
- @Samiya: Nope, you are perfectly justified, and affirm my planning. so it's all good ^^
and like I've said, when I was posting the first drafts of Devil's Cake prose to deviantart way back when, Kea had absolutely no fans. so I'm sure you are not alone.
I do hope I am not perpetuating female character tropes, though...and if so, I hope I shatter them come the culmination of the story at large ^^
thank you for your comment, I appreciate it, and I appreciate your continued readership even with kea irking you (I really really appreciate it!)
angichan, July 21st, 2013, 12:19 am
- @Riv: yeah...kea... ><;;;;
Jobo, July 21st, 2013, 3:19 pm
- well apparently yes...it was inappropriate o_o
I love this story by the way. i know i haven't commented much. but you do such a great job :D
Riv (Guest), July 26th, 2013, 10:40 am
- @Samiya: Nope ; I think she's going a bit far too, if I were in her place I wouldn't be slapping around a cute demon boy.
Regardless, you'd think she'd have softened up by now.
azigay, July 28th, 2013, 1:09 am
- @Riv: Keep in mind, even Zoshi's absence (a passive attack really :P) has been messing with the minds of her allies (Kea has no friends because her Roommate, whom she was close with, was bumped for Koshi and he keeps away all men that might befriend her.) So, I can kind of see how she wouldn't have softened up yet. He's isolated her and messed with the only people that keep in contact with her.