KaylatheRivera (Guest), June 30th, 2014, 5:10 pm
:D - You get better with every page, Angi-chan. Love this one, and I'm ridiculously excited for each one coming! :D
TheMightyZan (Guest), June 30th, 2014, 7:17 pm
- I'm ignoring your post from the last page about the end because I don't want to think about it right now. :)
Also, Damn you, Angi! I don't need to love the fancypants anymore than you have already made me love him....
angichan, July 1st, 2014, 2:35 pm
- @KaylatheRivera: I have been executing a lot of things I am learning from school, so I am glad that it is really having an effect on you guys and enhancing the story<3 thank you for commenting!
angichan, July 1st, 2014, 2:38 pm
- @TheMightyZan: You appreciated Ven before it was fashionable, I guess ^^.
Sorry I really debated this scene, but it seemed necessary to tie up loose ends before proceeding. And we aren't even in the final arch, so you SHOULDN'T be ready for the end, so no worries there ^^ but I am projecting the ending may happen in book 5, guesstimating....from the view of the future right now...
Soap_Lady_Thea, July 2nd, 2014, 10:21 pm
- This is great. Ven's backstory without a word of dialogue. It's perfect.
That being said, I'll miss this comic but I understand you have to do what's best for you when it's time. Better to have a definite ending than keep going and let the quality and your own interest wane.
TheMightyZan (Guest), July 3rd, 2014, 7:06 pm
- @angichan: I like living in denial. I support all you do, Angichan, but I like not thinking about it. :)
Ven has definitely moved up my list of favorites, and little adorable Ven pushes him up more.
angichan, July 4th, 2014, 4:26 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: I knew my ending before I even began devil's cake, i just didn't know how long it would take to get there... at this pace I's say we got two more years before an ending might happen^^
angichan, July 4th, 2014, 4:26 pm
- @TheMightyZan: do'h yeah, tiny venturito<3 XP
Soap_Lady_Thea, July 5th, 2014, 8:29 pm
- @angichan: YAY! We'll come to grips with it by then. That, and Zan and I can inspire you to draw weird stuff.
TheMightyZan (Guest), July 6th, 2014, 7:54 am
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: You over estimate my ability to come to grips with stuff. :P
I am all for inspiring weirdness though!
Guest, July 6th, 2014, 11:56 am
- @TheMightyZan: Awww, Zan. It'll be okay. Maybe Angi will have a new project. And weirdness is great!
I have an Steampunk AU brewing in my head where Zoshi is a scientist lost in a jungle after his dirigible was shot down and Kea is a warrior queen who guards the secrets of Lost Technology.
angichan, July 6th, 2014, 5:35 pm
- @Guest: Dear lord, so epic... and YES! there or more webcomics after devcake! just a matter of which one to do next @_@;;;;
Soap_Lady_Thea, July 6th, 2014, 6:25 pm
- @angichan: Heh heh heh...
Lord Zoshi Kurama hacked at yet another cluster of vines, cursing his brash decision to launch his own dirigible in a transparent attempt to wriggle from under his older brother's well-meaning but crushing thumb. Toshi Kurama, Peer of the Realm wanted his younger brother to bring honor to his family via a marriage into to prestigious Ishida clan. Lady Mariko had been a childhood friend and was pleasant company but Zoshi sought a bit more excitement from life than a sedate bride.
Well, now he had quite enough adventure, thank you very much and wanted nothing more than a cup of tea and the latest edition of Inventors Monthly.
A twang whizzing by his ear caught his attention and he found himself surrounded by warriors in bronze armor. Their leader was...a woman, of all things. Her long blonde hair was gathered in a halo about her face and held back by a crown made of cogs and gears. Some sort of insignia hung on a chain around her neck. Some primitive nobility, he was sure.
Zoshi smiled and tried to look friendly and harmless. The young woman frowned, her eyes flickering up and down his body. Zoshi felt her gaze assess him and knew she found him wanting. This annoyed him but he could not explain why, even to himself. He found a sudden overwhelming urge to impress her somehow.
He opened his mouth to address her but she cut him off with a gesture.
"You are a long way from Nippon, stranger."
Zoshi blinked in surprise and she smirked bitterly. "Like so many outsiders, you believe because we choose live away from 'civilization' we are somehow more primitive."
The woman waved her hand and her companions had him in chains before he could blink. Zoshi stumbled as they began to drag him towards her.
She turned her back to him, dismissing the young lord as no threat. He bristled but then became entranced by her lovely retreating figure.
"You will soon see how we deal with outsiders who seek to invade my kingdom." She began to walk ahead.
"Bring him to the dungeon. Have him washed."
angichan, July 7th, 2014, 11:53 am
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: ah bugger *snatched up onto fanfic ride again<3* wee!
Dear lord, kea: queen of the jungle XP
Soap_Lady_Thea, July 7th, 2014, 2:32 pm
- @angichan: Tee hee! I'm waiting for Zan to join in.
Kea has at least once referred to herself as a queen who decides her own fate.
Are you still here? Should I skulk away in sadness?
Soap_Lady_Thea, July 22nd, 2014, 5:44 pm
- @TheMightyZan: She's alive! ALIVE!
TheMightyZan (Guest), July 24th, 2014, 8:33 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: Kinda! Haha
Give me a bit to figure out how to reply to your writing. Too much work has destroyed all creative juices. :)
Soap_Lady_Thea, July 24th, 2014, 8:36 pm
- @TheMightyZan: I feel ya