Soap_Lady_Thea, September 1st, 2015, 4:00 pm
- Such determination! What vigor! This is lovely, Angi, thank you.
Is it cruel of me to imagine Kea calmly looking down on a tied up Finch, then looking to Zoshi and saying, "What took you so long?"
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 1st, 2015, 5:27 pm
- I'd really like to see our impromptu tea party drawn. I'd be the plump matronly one with the oval glasses.
angichan, September 1st, 2015, 7:17 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: Yes! Everyone submit a brief descriptor and I shall perform a doodle<3
angichan, September 1st, 2015, 7:19 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: Zoshi does not have much time to wallow when Kea is on the line...
And as far as kea has been acting lately, I wouldn't put such a scene past her...
TheMightyZan, September 1st, 2015, 7:56 pm
- @angichan: That would be an awesome scene! And then Zoshi just stands there, dumbfounded. Lol.
If we are being drawn in a tea party I'd be the plump one with rectangle glasses trying to mop up spilled tea... Heh. ^.^
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 1st, 2015, 9:12 pm
- @angichan: Short, plump, large forehead, nice lips. Oval shaped glasses and my hair in a bun. Oh, and appropriately Victorian garb, perhaps with a cameo at the throat.
Also, a bit older as well.
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 1st, 2015, 9:12 pm
- @angichan: She IS the queen of her own fate after all.
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 1st, 2015, 9:13 pm
- @TheMightyZan: Oh and perhaps a heart or two around his head. That would be cute.
TheMightyZan, September 1st, 2015, 9:58 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: That would be adorable!
TheMightyZan, September 1st, 2015, 9:59 pm
- @angichan: I think I should probably tell you to add the gigantic moon boot on my foot. Seems appropriate. ^.^
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 2nd, 2015, 6:28 am
- @TheMightyZan: I feel sorry for Zoshi for missing Kea's "coronation" moment.
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 2nd, 2015, 6:29 am
- @TheMightyZan: I want to see that.
angichan, September 2nd, 2015, 10:33 am
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: I pray he does not hear of her coronation, lest he never let her be. *crawling on his knees, clasping at her skirt in public (as usual) Pretty please!? Dress up one more time?"Kea "Absolutely not!"under breath "I will not reward you for that time of bedlam..."
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 2nd, 2015, 12:26 pm
- @angichan: *giggles* Oh, but she would look so lovely in a crown and regal robes.
angichan, September 2nd, 2015, 1:29 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: oh-HO! THAT I did not think of! Even if she dressed up once again, Zoshi would procure those items in addition, I'm sure!
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 2nd, 2015, 3:57 pm
- @angichan: That and perhaps a nice furisode kimono.
Xejn (Guest), September 2nd, 2015, 4:31 pm
- @angichan: I'm tall for a lady. Big green eyes, small lips, long hair, lady-figured. :)
Xejn (Guest), September 2nd, 2015, 4:38 pm
Edging-edger-edgerton - So Zoshi created the necklace?! But Kea treasures it. If she dislikes Zoshi so, how could she be so attached to this necklace?! *flummoxed*
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 2nd, 2015, 4:54 pm
- @Xejn: Perhaps she doesn't remember him. He might have been a child as well when they met. Did he save her from drowning and then give her the necklace to protect her from the forest? Angi may never tell us.
Xejn (Guest), September 2nd, 2015, 7:06 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: I like you theory. It definitely makes sense. But Angichan has a way of pulling out a plot twist out of nowhere!
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 2nd, 2015, 8:10 pm
- @Xejn: Yes, yes she does.
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 2nd, 2015, 8:23 pm
Devil's fanfiction - Hey someone wrote this for Devil's Cake. Let's read and review!
That piece is more victorian than I can ever hope to be T_T lovely lovely feels<333
It's posted together with the artwork in the fanart section of this site too<3
angichan, September 2nd, 2015, 8:46 pm
- @Xejn: *snorts out of a stupor* Huh, oh, just resting my eyes-! I swear!
angichan, September 2nd, 2015, 8:48 pm
- @Xejn: I'm afraid it isn't as detailed as all that but I gave you a cute visiting bonnet with black ribbon<3? http://laengine.tumblr.com/post/128205096295/things-are-getting-out-of-hand-in-the-comment s
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 3rd, 2015, 4:07 am
- @angichan: I can't believe I've never read it. It's well written.
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 3rd, 2015, 4:07 am
- @angichan: We're all adorable in it.
Xejn (Guest), September 3rd, 2015, 7:58 am
- @angichan: me nibbling away while watching the mischief: ACCURATE.
Xejn (Guest), September 3rd, 2015, 8:00 am
- @Soap_Lady_Thea:I'm absolutely enchanted and lost in reading your fan-fic!
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 3rd, 2015, 12:57 pm
- @Xejn: Oh, no, I didn't write this! It's much too serious and bittersweet. I'm more silly in my ideas.
Xejn (Guest), September 4th, 2015, 8:44 am
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: I enjoy silly too! :}
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 4th, 2015, 2:33 pm
- @Xejn: Oh, good! One ffic idea I have for DC is an elseworlds story where Zoshi is a young noble who runs from an arranged marriage to explore the jungle where he finds a lost tribe of steampunks and Kea is their queen.
Xejn (Guest), September 4th, 2015, 6:38 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: YEEEEEESSSSSSS O-O
angichan, September 6th, 2015, 8:51 am
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: I do remember you proposing this idea once before... *nibbles on scone thoughtfully*
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 6th, 2015, 8:57 am
- @angichan: Yes, I do believe I did. Mmm...I just don't know. It has a certain appeal but I despair it might be too silly and alas, I lack the discipline if not the talent to finish.
DO try the pumpkin bread, dearest.
Xejn (Guest), September 11th, 2015, 12:26 pm
- I thought Kea couldn't take off the bracelet? Can only Zoshi release it and likewise the necklace because they are his enchantments? *sips tea and reached for a scone*
TheMightyZan, September 11th, 2015, 6:24 pm
- I've been away. What did I miss, what did I miss????
*realizes it would help to read the comments and so does so*
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 12th, 2015, 11:35 am
- @Xejn: Good question!
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 12th, 2015, 11:36 am
- @TheMightyZan: We finally saw the first appearance of Toshi, Angichan did cartwheels, I ate fugu sashimi and drank three beers. Then we all had horchata flavored cakes.
angichan, September 14th, 2015, 6:03 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: I demand a encore of the Horchata, and Toshi waltzing in that fine tuxedo.
Kea could not remove the bracelet, but apparently Finch has a way with such things... oh dear... *sips tea*
themightyzan (Guest), September 15th, 2015, 6:52 am
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: I miss all the fun. :P
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 15th, 2015, 3:57 pm
- @angichan: I'll see if I can coax Toshi out of the water closet. He's shy, you know.
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 15th, 2015, 3:59 pm
- @TheMightyZan: There's still the mud wrestling and karaoke.
TheMightyZan, September 15th, 2015, 4:13 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: Duuuuuude, you don't even know. I am all over the karaoke as long as I am allowed to sing "I want you to want me" by Cheap Trick.
The mud wrestling... I might have to drink something stronger than tea... and Zoshi might need to be there. ^.~
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 16th, 2015, 5:24 pm
- @TheMightyZan: You can sing any song you wish, dearest.
As for the mud wrestling...well...we're wrestling Namazu, a giant Japanese catfish that lives in mud. Bring sake.
TheMightyZan, September 17th, 2015, 5:08 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: ...
I mean... maybe the sake, but it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 19th, 2015, 1:56 pm
- @TheMightyZan: True enough. Since Angichan can't update for a bit, let's write fandom fanfiction!
Themightyzan (Guest), September 19th, 2015, 2:15 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: an excellent idea!!
Angelicatt, September 20th, 2015, 1:45 am
- @Xejn: Thank you for reading it. Angi's artwork is a true inspiration for me.
Angelicatt, September 20th, 2015, 1:47 am
- @angichan: *takes a bow* Thank you lovely. It's your story..I just liked filling in the gaps. Could never be as great as the original though.
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 20th, 2015, 3:45 pm
- @Angelicatt: It's great and it's a crime there isn't more DC ffic.
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 20th, 2015, 4:18 pm
- Right then! Since we'll have to make do without Angi's lovely story for awhile, we'll have to entertain ourselves!
Here goes nothing:
"Now where has Thea taken herself off to?" Angi fretted, twisted her hankerchief in her Copic stained hands. The older woman was good company but a bit unpredictable. Now with the tea over and Jeeves packing everything away, she was certain her guests would become restless and seek other forms of entertainment.
"I have returned!" The Soap Lady hopped out from behind a tree, grinning.
"Ah, there you are, dear," Angi turned and could not stifle a gasp. "Heavens!" She looked her companion up and down. "What in the name of sanity are you wearing?"
The plump matron did a pirouette and nearly fell over. Righting herself, she said, "this is called a kosode. It's made from linen so a bit rougher than what we are used to, dearest, but perfect for what we are about to do."
The garment was scandalously thin and short, only falling to the knee. The sleeves were tied up with red sashes and the whole ensemble exposed more skin than any gentlewoman should be allowed to show, even in the privacy of a friend's abode.
Angi felt lightheaded and put a hand to her breastbone. "I can see your legs!"
Zan squealed and rushed over. Looking her companion up and down she exclaimed, "did you bring enough to share?"
Thea nodded. "Yes indeed. We should change at once, modesty be hanged."
Most of the assembled protested with great feeling until the ground began to shake, forcing them to cling to the nearest sturdy object, be it chair, tree, or butler.
"Heavens!", managed Angi at last. "what mischief is this?"
"None of my doing, I assure you," Thea told her. All amusement faded from her visage, leaving only stoic determination. "That was Namazu. A giant nigh immortal catfish whose thrashing causes earthquakes. He has escaped the god who guards him and will do great harm if not forced back into his muddy cave."
Several people jumped as Jeeves dropped a rather large clay jar on the table. "Sake, my lady. I believe the task at hand may require something stronger than tea."
"It has to be us," Thea explained, her expression still determined.
"Why?" Angi practically moaned the question, her hand still fluttering over her chest as she glanced around. "Isn't there anyone else who can handle it?"
"No," Thea stated simply. "It must be us, and we must go immediately."
Zan quickly drained her glass then looked between it and the jug as she decided if it would seem impolite to pour another drink. Giving up on decorum she refilled her cup while smiling widely.
"Well, I'm in. Might be fun."
"Fun," Angi exclaimed, her hand increasing its pace. "How can you think this is fun?"
Zan offered a reassuring pat to the artist's back, though she couldn't quite help her continued smile. "If nothing else, Angi, it'll be a hell of a story."
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 21st, 2015, 3:00 pm
- *applauds wildly*
Nice! Who's next? Anyone can contribute.
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 22nd, 2015, 12:40 pm
- Angi's off having a fit of the vapors I bet.
TheMightyZan, September 23rd, 2015, 10:10 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: Can you blame her?
Soap_Lady_Thea, September 24th, 2015, 4:13 am
- @TheMightyZan: No indeed.
Xejn (Guest), September 28th, 2015, 9:37 am
Playing along - Xejn,calmly stood without a sign of being perplexed by the odd proceedings of her companions. She walked through to the next room out of sight and slight rustling noises were produced from her secret activities.
A minute passed and Xejn reappeared wearing a turquoise and pink yukata patterned with little orange Koi flowing in swirls on the cotton fabric. Her chocolaty brown hair was swept up into a knot on top of her head revealing a gleam of power in her deep green eyes.
Xejn threw her arms wide to her sides, challenging the giant carp to do its worst.
TheMightyZan, September 29th, 2015, 5:23 pm
princessai16, September 30th, 2015, 10:09 pm
- I hope Kea wakes up and realizes that Zoshi has always loved only her :( I couldn't handle if they weren't together in the end.
Xekn (Guest), November 13th, 2015, 8:17 am
Carp-a-diem - One hour and a wrestling montague later...
Xejn sat in the mud next to the giant carp. Both exhausted from their battle. The butler wadded through the muck to reach her and handed Xejn a dainty cup of tea.
"Thank you sir." She said, accepting the cup and saucer.
The butler eyed the carp suspiciously, then laid the cup of tea in front of the fish's maw.
The carp mouthed a bit at the rim of the cup but was unable to drink. Xejn seeing her friend was unable to drink reached into her sleeve to reveal a straw which she put one end into the cup and the other to the carp's lips.
TheMightyZan (Guest), November 23rd, 2015, 9:11 pm
- @Xekn: Zan watched as the carp sipped almost daintily from the straw.
"Well... I wasn't expecting that," she muttered, impressed that it was still even able to sip tea after the battle.
Pulling a chair up, she stared at the black eyed, non-blinking, fish for longer then she probably should have, then finally glanced around to the others.
"So... what now?"
Xejn (Guest), November 27th, 2015, 4:55 pm
- I should learn to spell my name right at least *smh*
Xejn (Guest), November 29th, 2015, 2:45 pm
- @TheMightyZan: Cake Party!
angichan, January 13th, 2016, 12:02 pm
- @Xejn: "Indeed!" Angi reappeared beneath the embracing branches of the yard's great willow tree. clapping her hands thrice, she stepped aside to reveal what she had been up to in her extended absence: a table laden not only with cakes and lace, but afternoon tea, as well. The entirety shimmered in the dapple light and wafted it's delicious scents to entice the bellies of the onlookers.
"A refresher for our brave combatants! Till the next round, come!" She motioned for all to partake.
Xejn (Guest), January 14th, 2016, 7:23 pm
- @angichan: Yay!*picks self up and fruitlessly dusts of the mud from her frock*
Soap_Lady_Thea, January 30th, 2016, 2:17 pm
- Oh, but I'm a sight! Does anyone have an extra handkerchief?
Xejn (Guest), February 3rd, 2016, 5:14 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: *Xejn tries to dust Ms. Thea off but only makes her dirtier*
Soap_Lady_Thea, February 3rd, 2016, 5:33 pm
- @Xejn: Quite all right, dearest. Perhaps we should make our way to the hot springs?
Xejn (Guest), February 27th, 2016, 7:06 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: *sees Zoshi go streaking through to the hot springs* * turns bright red and faints*
Soap_Lady_Thea, February 27th, 2016, 10:22 pm
- @Xejn: Oh, my! *Revives with smelling salts*
This fandom is still alive and just as weird! HUZZAH!
angichan, April 12th, 2016, 7:33 pm
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: Blessed be this fandom, I can't wait to rejoin you on May 24th!!!!
Xejn (Guest), April 21st, 2016, 8:21 am
- @Soap_Lady_Thea & @angichan: *snort**flails**holds nose* oh it burns.*see there will be an update soon* Yay!Yaaaaaa yaaaaay!*nose bleed* oh no... too excited.
Guest, April 25th, 2016, 7:40 am
- @Xejn: Me too! Break out the mojitos and moscato, let's party!
Soap_Lady_Thea, April 25th, 2016, 7:41 am
- @angichan: May 24th? Happy birthday to meeeeeeeee!
angichan, May 3rd, 2016, 11:40 am
Happy birthday - @Soap_Lady_Thea: I am glad to have planted this date on your birthday!! Such fortune!!
Soap_Lady_Thea, May 3rd, 2016, 12:35 pm
- @angichan: HUZZAH! Tea and cake for everyone.
azigay1, May 6th, 2016, 7:35 pm
- I kept clicking only to realize there was no more!!
azigay1, May 7th, 2016, 2:07 am
- @Soap_Lady_Thea: Opened the fanfic in new tab. Going to read as a reward for finishing tonight's report!
It broke my jaded, shriveled, little heart. :'( <3
angichan, May 7th, 2016, 9:13 am
- @azigay1: Yeah! and these last 4 pages are even getting revised right now too!! ^^;... I'm hoping to post the edited art pages for the whole comic to date... but that is daunting me at the moment.
Soap_Lady_Thea, May 7th, 2016, 9:15 am
- @azigay1: Sorry. I'm not a good writer
azigay1, May 11th, 2016, 12:32 am
What are you talking about "not a good writer"? I loved it. It stirred my emotions. <3
But wait... I thought you didn't write this one... o.O